As the leading provider of squirrel pest control services we are not only able to competently eradicate your problems but we can also prevent the problem from re-occurring. This is done through the means of proofing (or blocking of access points).
Information on Grey Squirrel Pest Control
When squirrels find a place to nest, this becomes their ‘territory’, and they will protect their territory at all costs. Especially when they have young in the nest. This means they can become very agitated and even aggressive when disturbed. There is a common miss-conception that if the animal’s entry hole is blocked this will remove the problem. This unfortunately is not the case.
Do not block entry holes until squirrel pest control infestation is completely removed.
By blocking the hole the adults can no longer reach their nest, and often their young. This will do the opposite of deterring them, encouraging an attack on any blocking work. If they are unsuccessful in getting through it, they will attack fascia boards until they are successful. We have seen this happen numerous times and often this can result in hundreds or even thousands of pounds worth of damage.
Squirrels are a pest, they are non-native and were originally brought over to the country in 1876 in the Cheshire area by the Victorians, it is thought that they were introduced because the Victorians wanted to liven up the woodland and make it more interesting to look at. They were completely unaware of the destruction they can cause and their negative effect on the native red squirrel.
As a pest it is illegal for pest controllers to catch and release grey squirrels, they have to be dispatched. We use the most humane methods to remove all pest problems including squirrel infestations.
Squirrel problems can be very serious, JG Pest Control provide out of normal hours emergency service to those clients who need a rapid response at night or on a Sunday
For guaranteed removal we are the preferred company in the country, with an average 1 – 2 hour response!
Signs of a squirrel pest control problem
- Droppings – are often found in loft spaces. Squirrel droppings are larger and more rounded than a rats. Approximately 8-12mm and rounder at the edges rather than pointed.
- Sighting – They use loft insulation or similar as nesting materials. You may see a pile of shredded loft insulation or you may see the squirrel up in your loft space. Sometimes you may even notice them going in your fascia boards in a hole they have developed typically about the size of a tennis ball.
- Sounds – grey squirrels occupying a loft space make can make an almighty racket. People often describe it as ‘a group of them having a party up there’. Squirrels will continuously run around the loft space in search for nesting materials, when there is nowhere left to look, they will break through to other areas- causing a lot of sound!
- Damage – these animals are very strong, have sharp teeth and sharp claws. They can even chew through soft metals and hard wood and many other materials used in lofts and on roofing. Fascia boards, tiles, insulation materials and joists are often damaged by squirrel activity.
For leading squirrel control services in Cornwall, by qualified RSPH technicians, call JG Pest Control now, on 01637 800572
Removal of the infestation
- Survey – Firstly we survey the activity areas, whether a loft or cavity and confirm the species’ presence.
- Eradication – We use a combination method of a variety extremely effective traps and specialist squirrel poisons in squirrel pest control to resolve the problem as quickly and hassle free as possible.
- Proofing – Once the animals have been fully removed, it is vital that the entry points are sufficiently blocked off. This ‘repair’ work can be very simple or very extensive depending on level of damage and access. On the first visit we will give you a quote for proofing, you are then able to accept our quotation or get this work carried out yourself. It is recommended that this is done within 10 days of removal to ensure other squirrels do not move in.
- Guarantee – We guarantee to remove your infestation.
It is not a good idea to tackle this type of problem on your own, these animals in ‘their’ territory can become very aggressive
Emergency Squirrel Control Services, call 01637 800572
As Cornwall leading squirrel pest control company, we are confident we can help you.
Call us today tp discuss your problem and get a quote on 01637 800572 .